We are very excited to start soccer this week! Practices will take place at Veterans Field in Vineyard Haven. Please see practice times below. We have MANY new Covid policies in place to keep everyone safe, so please read this lengthy email to ensure we comply.
It is VERY important that everyone adhere to these policies; otherwise we risk soccer getting cancelled.
All players and parents must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Please review the self check list before coming to play each session. If your child is not feeling well, or has any symptoms, please keep them home.
(See self check list below)
- NEW THIS YEAR, drop off and check in before practice will be done off of Causeway Rd. Pick-up at the end of practice will be done at the parking lot at Veterans Field by the softball field. No exceptions! Kids need to enter and exit through these specified locations.
- Every player must check in before going onto the field.
- All players and coaches must wear masks at ALL times. Masks must be worn from your car down to the field.
- Parents, please stay in your cars at drop off and pick-up.
Now for the normal stuff. Here's WHAT TO BRING:
- An appropriate sized ball with your name on it
- 2 different jerseys (1 light and 1 dark) as coaches are not permitted to use Pinnies
- A water bottle with your name on it
- An extra mask with your name on it
3:45-4:45 Grades 5/6
5:15-6:15 Grades 7/8
3:45-4:45 Grades 3/4
5:15-6:15 Grades 5/6
3:45-4:45 Grades 7/8
5:15-6:15 grades 3/4
If you have any questions, please reach out to us. We look forward to seeing everyone at the fields again this week!
Checklist for Players
- STAY HOME if you have any of the symptoms listed, and contact your Healthcare Provider
❏ Fever (100.0 degrees Fahrenheit or higher), chills, or shaking chills
❏ Cough (not due to other known cause, such as chronic cough)
❏ Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
❏ New loss of taste or smell
❏ Sore throat
❏ Headache when in combination with other symptoms
❏ Muscle aches or body aches
❏ Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain or diarrhea
❏ Fatigue, when in combination with other symptoms
❏ Nasal congestion or runny nose (not due to other known causes, such as allergies)
- Have you had any close contact (within 6 feet of an infected person for at least 15 minutes) with a person who has a confirmed diagnosis of Covid-19? Please follow the restrictions from your local Board of Health and the local contact tracing initiative.
- Have you traveled to any state other than a designated lower-risk state?
See Travel Order: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-travel-order
Dear Parents & Players, Welcome back to a long awaited return to the soccer fields. I’m sure you are all anxious to get back outside and play soccer. My name is Matt Malowski and I am the president of Martha’s Vineyard United. To help understand what MV United is preparing for this fall and how…Read More
GPS announces dates for it’s residential summer soccer camp in August 2020 https://www.gotsport.com/asp/application/reg/?ProgramID=86229&Type=PLAYERRead More